Ramadan is the Holy month of the Islamic Calendar in which the Muslims have to fast for the whole month. During the period of the fasting (starts before dawn prayer and end at sunset prayer), a person have to abstain from doing things like drinking, eating, bad thoughts, sexual activities and other things that are not allowed. There are further important things and Good deeds we should in Ramadan and those are:
- Smile and Say Alhamdulillah: The first thing that we should do during Ramadan is every morning when we get up at dawn for Suhoor (dawn meal we eat before starting Fast) we should smile and say ALHAMDULILLAH, that Allah blessed us with another day and Ramadan so we can create strong connection with ALLAH.
Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Smiling in your brother’s face is an act of charity”
- Get Up early for suhoor: We should get up early for Suhoor during Ramadan so that can we can get enough time for Suhoor after offering Tahajjud Prayer. Tahajjud is a prayer we can offer before Fajr Prayer time, it is a voluntary prayer, and in Quran Allah says:
“Establish worship at the going down of the sun until the dark of the night, and (the recital of) the Qur’an at dawn. Lo! (The recital of) the Qur’an at dawn is ever witnessed. And some part of the night awake for its recital, as voluntary worship for you. It may be that your Lord will raise you to a praised estate.” [Qur’an, 17: 78-79]
- Offer Prayers: During fast, we should not miss any prayer. We should offer all five prayers along with some azkars.
- Read Quran: We should read the Quran daily with five prayers. This will help in creating a habit of daily Quran reading so that we can passed the first step of strong connection with ALLAH.
- Help other people: We should try to help other peoples , the satisfaction and happiness that you will feel once you’ve helped someone to ease their day is definitely indescribable.
- Control bad thoughts: We should try to overcome our bad thoughts during fasting. We should spend our fast with azkars so that we can keep ourselves away from bad thoughts.
- Control Anger: We should control our anger. Whenever you feel angry, sit down, and seek refuge in Allah from Shaytaan. In Arabic, say
A’oodhu billahi minash shaytaannir rajeem.
- Increase Remembrance of Allah: We should increase our Remembrance of Allah during Ramadan by doing things such Zikr, Offer sunnah prayers, reading Quran, attending religious talk or communities.
- Give Extra Charity: Apart from Zakat, we should give extra charity during Ramadan. Charity is not all about money you can give clothes, food and other things to people wo needs it. Even smiling at a stranger is also a charity so we should try to meet people with a cheerful face and kind hearted!
- Share your Suhoor and Iftar: We should share our Suhoor food and Iftar food with our Muslim bothers and sisters. Regarding to it the Prophet PBUH said:
“Whoever gives Iftar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the fasting person’s reward in the slightest.”
- Give Fitrana: We should give Fitrana at the end Ramadan(at the last fast of Ramadan). Fitrana is the donation made when Muslims has food in excess of their needs.